Order & Track Certified Copies of Birth, Marriage/Civil Union, and Death Certificates
Start Your Order:
- Check order status in My Orders.
- Easier form completion.
- Simpler process for re-orders.
Need an eHawaii Account? Sign Up for an eHawaii Account - it's free!
Using this web service, you may order certified copies of birth, marriage/civil union, and death certificates and only of records dating from July 1909 to the present. Read more about Vital Records ordering.
To order a birth or marriage certificate online, the name on the credit card you use to pay for the order must match (1) your name (requestor) on the order form and (2) your name on the birth or marriage certificate, otherwise your order may be delayed or denied pending further research.
Watch how to place an order
eHawaii account users can track their orders via the My Orders section.
Guest users can track their orders by using the Track Order feature.
Watch how to track an order.
|First certificate copy:||$10.00|
|Additional copy of the same record:||$4.00|
|Portal administration fee:||$2.50|
|All transactions are Non-refundable|
A portal administration fee of $2.50 is added for each increment of up to five (5) record copies. A total fee of $12.50 WILL be charged for an order requesting one (1) certified copy of a vital record that is found or for conducting the search if the requested vital record is not found.
If you selected mail delivery. The average process time is currently 6 to 8 weeks.
Information on Apostilles and Authentication of Certified Copies
To pick up your order, please visit the issuance office at your earliest convenience at the Health Department building.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (except State holidays). Closed on Tuesday and Thursday (effective week of August 8, 2022).
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Walk-in service is available between appointments, as time permits.
- Location: 1250 Punchbowl Street, Room 103 (1st floor) at the main Hawaii Department of Health building (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
- Parking: Metered parking is available in front of the building with entry from Punchbowl Street. Fees (subject to change) currently $2 per hour, payable by cash or credit card.
- Marriage License Office open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Correction and Registration Office open Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.