Pick Up Information
To order for pick up, you must complete the order and pay with credit card. Alternatively, you may opt to pay by cash when you pick up the order.
Once the order has been placed, please visit the Issuance Office at Room 103 (1st floor) of the Health Department building, 1250 Punchbowl Street (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
When you pick up your certificate(s), you must show a valid government-issued photo ID of yourself, such as a State ID, driver's license, etc.
The person picking up the certificate(s), must show a valid government-issued photo ID of his/her self, such as a State ID, driver's license, etc. and will also need all documents establishing "entitlement" to the document requested (e.g. requested birth, marriage, or death certificates, if not born in Hawaii, and other relevant information (beneficiary documentation), authorizing documentation if obtaining the document on behalf of someone who is entitled.
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (except State holidays). Closed on Tuesday and Thursday (effective week of August 8, 2022).
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Walk-in service is available between appointments, as time permits.
- Location: 1250 Punchbowl Street, Room 103 (1st floor) at the main Hawaii Department of Health building (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
- Parking: Metered parking is available in front of the building with entry from Punchbowl Street. Fees (subject to change) currently $2 per hour, payable by cash or credit card.
- Marriage License Office open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Correction and Registration Office open Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The Locator ID is the Authorization Code found on your payment receipt from the Hawaii Electronic Marriage and Civil Union Registration System. If you did not apply for a Marriage License Application Online, please leave this field blank.
Add Other Relation
Input a Relation other than the listed options to add to the list.
Add Other Reason
Input a reason other than the listed options to add to the list.
Hawaii Revised Statutes (§338-14) authorize the Department of Health to assess a fee for certified copies or searches of vital records. By law (§338-14.5), the fee is set at $10.00 for the first copy issued. A $10.00 fee is also charged for conducting the search if the requested vital record is not found.
By law (§338-14.5), the fee is set at $4.00 for each additional copy issued if ordered at the same time as the first copy. The fee is $14.00 for an order requesting two (2) certified copies of the same vital record, $18.00 for an order requesting three (3) certified copies, and so on.
For online orders, there is an additional $2.50 electronic portal administration fee and a $5.00 Identity Verification Fee per order. Each order may consist up to 5 certified copies.
- A total fee of $17.50 WILL be charged for an online order requesting one (1) certified copy of a vital record that is found or for conducting the search if the requested vital record is not found.
- A total fee of $21.50 WILL be charged for an online order requesting two (2) certified copies of a vital record that is found. $25.50 for an online order requesting three (3) certified copies, and so on. The fee is $17.50 for conducting the search if the requested vital record is NOT found.
Payment of the fees must be made at the time the online order is placed. Payment must be made by a charge on a valid MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Discover credit card. By completing the necessary online forms and submitting your credit card information, you AUTHORIZE the DOH/Hawaii Information Consortium to charge your valid credit card as payment of the fees for the online order.
Are you authorized?
You may order on this website certified copies only of your own birth and marriage/civil union certificates or of an immediate family member (e.g., a parent of his/her child's birth or marriage/civil union certificate).